Undecided on what Roller guides to use.?
We advertise most of our Rods with Aftco Roller Guides to achieve a high quality, very durable and a price comparative rod. We have never seen an Aftco roller worn out, damaged or one which did not live up to its expectations, however Winthrop tooling's advancements in Roller guides are quickly becoming the Roller guide of choice and although significantly dearer than Aftco many Big game charter boats now prefer Winthrop Rollers...
Why compromise your custom rod with the so-called "best". Equip your rods with the strongest, most reliable roller guides on the market. Use WT Custom Roller Guides and never worry about equipment failure again. Every WT Custom Roller Guides frame is precision machined out of solid aluminum bar. There are no welds, seams, bends, sharp edges or sheet metal used in our roller frames...our competition can't say that. WT Custom Roller Guides have been tested, without failure, on a variety of big game fish under the most grueling conditions.
The Excel Series of roller guides sports a new frame design, developed from input by experienced rod builders and fishermen from around the world. Standard colors of black, gold and silver are available with silver rollers.
Every WT Custom Roller Guide frame is precision machined out of solid aluminum bar. There are no welds, seams, bends, sheet metal or sharp edges used in our roller guides.
- Every roller guide incorporates titanium rollers riding on two stainless steel, teflon sealed ball bearings. The bearings are marine greased and protected from the elements with delrin end caps including grease seals.
- All rollers are recessed into the frame, eliminating the possibility of line pinching and chafing.
- There is no metal-to-metal contact, eliminating noise, vibration and premature wear.
- For rods from 20lbs to Unlimited class
- All roller guides have large wind-on openings to accomodate large leaders. A #2 pencil can fit through sets 50 through 130 with ample clearance.
- Standard colors of Gold, Black and Silver - other colors available by custom order.
Standard colors of Gold, Black and Silver - other colors available by custom order.
Each AFTCO ball bearing roller guide is protected from saltwater damage by a triple-seal “system”: The bearing is guarded by an inner seal of *Teflon®, packed in a thick layer of waterproof lubricant, and then an additional seal is press-fit into the roller to trap the lubricant in place and keep out moisture. This “system” concept provides ideal lubrication and virtually eliminates all maintenance.
Aftco's Wind-On guide set is specifically designed to accommodate the knots and connections of wind-on leaders, which have become increasingly popular for big game fishing. The guides will handle lines from 30 lbs. to unlimited line class, and they have the same knot clearance as our BF guides, but in a more compact frame.
They will easily handle bulky wind-on leaders up to 700 lbs. test, and they are also available with ball bearing assemblies for the ultimate in line protection and performance.
Wind-On guides can be used on 30, 50 and 80 lb. class I.G.F.A. rods and on extra-heavy stand-up rods. The guide feet are perfectly formed to fit blanks with tip sizes down to 12/64" I.D. Our BF SHD roller tip-tops are top performers with these guides for unparalleled knot clearance.